From moving storm circles and new challenges, Fortnite Season 5 has now been out for a couple days and players have a full handle on what the next 10 weeks will bring after the battle bus launch. This season, Epic made a few notable changes to the way certain Battle Pass challenges operate.
For season 5, the weekly challenges are now divided into two categories: free and battle pass challenges. This means that people who haven’t purchased their season 5 battle pass can still complete certain objectives and earn rewards. If you decided to purchase your battle pass midway through the season you can retroactively get any premium rewards you’ve earned based on the tier that you’ve already reached. However, it’s still recommended to get the battle pass early because of bonus XP, which is awarded for playing in general and for playing in a party with friends. The XP translates into battle stars so you’ll want to take advantage of Battle Pass bonuses as soon as possible.
The biggest change coming into Season 5 is the addition of Toys. Toys constitute Basketballs, Beach Balls and Golf Balls. You can use these in-game to actually play these sports—so long as you have the Battle Pass and can unlock them.
There are five Drift challenges to complete in total in Season 5, each of which reward you with a new style option for the Drift skin. If you complete four of the five Drift challenges you also unlock the Rift Edge, an alternative for the pickaxe. As you continue to level up your Season 5 Battle Pass you’ll unlock more skins as well, including the Huntress, Sledgehammer and Sun Strider. When you reach Tier 100 you can unlock Ragnarok, arguably one of the coolest skins so far in the game.
Let’s talk about weapons for a minute. Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets actually hit, with visible markers appearing within the reticle. However, you won’t be able to cycle through two shotguns like before so make sure you calculate your shots or find a different way to kill your opponent.
The Storm is also getting an update. Circles seven, eight, and nine will still shrink but they’ll also be able to shift in random directions so make sure you keep an eye out for it.
Here are the season 5 challenges available so far:
Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 Challenges
- Complete all challenges from any week — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 2 different weeks — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 3 different weeks — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 4 different weeks — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 5 different weeks — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 6 different weeks — loading screen
- Complete all challenges from any 7 different weeks — loading screen
Reward: Mystery Legendary item (likely a skin)
- Gain 10,000 XP — Drift Stage 1 style
- Gain 25,000 XP — Drift Stage 2 style
- Gain 50,000 XP — Drift Stage 3 style
- Gain 100,000 XP — Drift Stage 4 style
- Gain 200,000 XP — Drift Stage 4 style
Reward: Rift Edge (Epic harvesting tool)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500) — 5 Battle Stars
- Search a Supply Llama (1) — 5 Battle Stars
- Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3) — 10 Battle Stars
- Search chests in Snobby Shores (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels (1) — 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3) — 10 Battle Stars
Reward: 5K XP (after completing four challenges, only for Battle Pass owners)
Compete against other Fortnite Players in our daily tournaments. Check out the schedule HERE.